Thursday, November 21, 2013

November 20th and 21st

November 20th -- Romans 5:1-11

Please read the passage - it's short!

This is gonna' momentarily turn into a bit of a personal blog, just to get my point across. I am horrible at maintaining friendships. Like, I don't know if I just have an abrasive personality, but I really have trouble keeping friends. More so keeping good, solid, trustworthy friends. But here's what I tend to so easily and often forget, and the reason, I think, that God seems to be taking away the friendships I value in my life : God's the best friend we could ever have. And the only one we ever need.

November 21st -- Romans 8:1-18

Read the passage through, please!

Verse 15, folks.... tying in with above, I am always afraid of being alone, of being hated/disliked, or of not having anyone down here there for me. God DID NOT GIVE US A SPIRIT OF FEAR. Sometimes we have to realize we need to smarten up and realize it's just the devil trying to get to us - and we've been letting him. We have hope of an eternal life. In the end, we will not be alone - we will be with God for eternity. This lifetime will be the blink of an eye. So don't be ruled by fear of being alone - then that fear stops God from working through you properly. So let go and let God. You've already got an eternal best friend - stop worrying you're gonna' ever be alone (this is partially to remind myself, yes...)

God bless! Shalom!

No comments:

Post a Comment