Saturday, February 2, 2013

February 2nd

February 2nd -- Exodus 3 (http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Exodus%203&version=NLT)

Moses and the burning bush.

So Moses is tending his flocks one day and winds up at Mount Sinai. An angel appears to him and he sees a bush that is on fire but not burning up, so naturally he goes to see it. As he goes, though. God speaks to him and tells him to take off his sandals because he is on holy ground. God tells Moses who He is (that's He's God) so Moses looks away. God tells Moses that he has seen how Israel has been suffering, and now He is sending Moses to rescue them through Him. Moses asks what to tell them if they ask His name and He answers with "I Am Who I Am" (in some translations it is "I Will Be What I Will Be") and tells him to say "I Am has sent me to you" as well as "Yahweh, the God of your ancestors - the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob - has sent me to you." He tells Moses to pass along the message to the Israelites, who will agree and go with him to the Egyptians. He says that he knows Pharaoh will not just agree, so God will strike the Egyptians until he does. When Pharaoh lets them go, they Egyptians will give much to them as they leave.

Now, I think we frequently here the "I Am Who I Am" quote. The thing is, the meaning has still not be grasped, and never fully can be. It is MEANT to be mysterious. It causes you to sit and think on it, yet you really never can reach an end to the meanings no matter how hard you try. It is just a brief expression of how vast and infinite our God is - He is SO far beyond our understanding. It really is quite incredible.

I believe that is all!
God bless!
Remember if you ever need prayer, you can contact me on my Tumblr blog, even without an account, and message me anonymously at http://emdaisy1.tumblr.com    then check later at http://emdaisy1.tumblr.com or http://emdaisy1.tumblr.com/archive to see if I have been able to answer yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment