Tuesday, September 24, 2013

September 24th

September 24th -- John 23:1-12

Read the passage, please! It's short!

"The enemy of my enemy is my friend." Not sure who said it but it is a well-known phrase. We often follow it, too. In this case, Herod and Pilate followed it. They became friends, as the text says, although they were enemies. Now, that's the negative application of it. We should be positively applying it. Our enemy is the devil. Therefore those who are also enemies of the devil should be our friends. This means our fellow brothers and sisters. I'm not saying I agree with "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" as I find it rather hateful, but I find the principle idea of it is accurate. You are that much closer, in theory anyways, with someone you share a common cause or goal with. This should be true for all of us and our siblings in Christ. We share a common cause, so it should be enough to cover over any status we had as "enemies" without that cause.

Sorry if that was confusing...
God bless! Shalom!

No comments:

Post a Comment