Thursday, September 26, 2013

September 26th

September 26th -- Luke 23:32-49

Read the passage, please!

Okay, first, I recommend you all look up all the prophecies that were perfectly fulfilled in Jesus' crucifixion. Mainly there's one from the OT where a man prophesied the events of Jesus' crucifixion in detail, even though crucifixions had not even been invented at that time, so the man could have had no idea what they were like. I'd love to tell you what passage it is but I'm blanking on it.

Secondly, I want to just point out that even as he held all our sins, he asks God to forgive us for, as he says, "they know not what they do." It's so true. We are so lost we don't even see how lost we are. So much of our world is so disillusioned to that idea. So much of us are so beyond belief in God we don't recognize what we do to Him when we sin. For example, I was at a Shakespeare play today. Merchant of Venice. It was fantastic, by the way, but it also has a lot of elements that, as a Christian, bothered me. Namely the crude jokes and the extreme anti-Semitic take of the whole play. Yet, I feel bad for those actors acting it out and even Shakespeare as he wrote it - they all have/had no idea what they are/were really doing. Sinning. None of them have/had a clue. Thank goodness Jesus knew that and loves us enough to think of that of all things as he hang dying, or we'd all be headed somewhere I don't wanna' go...

God bless! Shalom!

No comments:

Post a Comment