Friday, December 20, 2013

Biblein365 - December 19th and 20th

December 19th -- James 1:2-27

Please read it even though it's a bit long!

WOW. I know it's a bit long, but I suggest reading this passage another time... or two. It's a lot to take in. Now, I did a Bible Study with my church on the book of James. However, my notes are divided amongst different weeks for this passage, so I prefer not to use them. Plus, the I am just spitting out info at you.
This passage has a lot of warnings and commandments. It seems like a lot. It's hard to follow. I get that - I'm human too, so I'm always messing up. However, that doesn't mean don't try - that means try all the harder. God doesn't expect perfection from us. He knows we can't achieve perfection, or He would never have sent his son to make up for the sins He knew we would all commit. However, that's all the more reason to try. And that strength is not one we have as humans on our own - we need to ask God for it. We need His wisdom to be able to discern right from wrong and choose right. We can ask Him for it (verse 5). However, just make sure you're not asking from the wrong place and expecting an answer (verses 6-8). God knows your heart, so He knows when you are trying to follow Him, even if you're making some mistakes along the way. Just let Him guide you and be steadfast.

December 20th -- James 2:1-13

It's only short, so give it a read!

I really can't say more than this passage already does - God doesn't choose favorites, so we shouldn't either.


God bless! Shalom!

No comments:

Post a Comment