Friday, December 13, 2013

December 11th and 12th

December 11th -- 1 Timothy 4:1-16

Please give the passage a read!

1 Timothy 4:12. "Don’t let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in conduct, in love, in faith and in purity." I put a picture up on my Tumblr a while ago. It was just of me showing my two purity rings (the explanation of why two is on there, although I have actually decided on a better reason for them since). Ended up with that verse, 1 Timothy 4:12 coming up in some messages from people then. I love that verse. I feel that so often in society us youths (I'm 17 to give you an idea, so I am talking like maybe teens when I say youths) are not very empowered. We are sort of left off to the side and our possible value and contribution to society is often neglected. Why? Because we are young. Sometimes, this happens even among Christians - Christians who are young - age-wise or in their faith journey - tend to be held back in a way, prevented from having too much influence. People tend to look down on them, thinking they are less for their lack of age in years of life or faith. But this verse tells us not to let anyone look down on us. If we live in a way that they can't look down on us, they will eventually stop. We can be examples. Who cares if we are young? God used Moses, a man who stuttered, to be a messenger to His people. God used Rahab, a prostitute, to save the Jewish spies. God used Mary, just a regular girl to anyone it seemed, to be an earthly mother to his own child. God does not choose people based on popularity, appearance, wisdom, or age. God choses those who He knows He can use in his plan - and since all is possible for Him, He can use everyone and anyone. So if you're young in age or faith, don't let people look down on you - live for God in such a way that they can't, and that you instead set an example! ☺

December 12th -- 1 Timothy 6:3-21

Please read!

I think this is a different take-away for everyone. SO just in general meditate on the overall instructions in verses 11-21...

God bless! Shalom!

No comments:

Post a Comment