Sunday, December 1, 2013

November 29th and 30th

November 29th -- Ephesians 1:3-23

Please read!

Verse 11, because sometimes we feel our life is spiralling out of control.
Verse 11, because sometimes we think there's no light at the end of the tunnel.
Verse 11, because sometimes we feel like we are running towards an end goal that isn't really there.
Verse 11, because sometimes just knowing we've got a purpose can help us get through each day.
Verse 11, because we have been promised, by God, who cannot lie, that He has a plan for us, and all things work according to His will.
Verse 11, because no matter what happens, God's got a plan for it.

November 30th -- Ephesians 2:1-22

Please read!

Wow... not even sure how to sum up all the things that hit me on a personal level from this. I know that it's talking about Jews and Gentiles and that was ages ago, but the lessons are timeless.
I'm just gonna' sum up a brief story to get a point across. Keep in mind, I'm forgiven not perfect. I mess up a lot. It is by God's grace alone that I am not still heading to Hell after death to pay for that.
Basically, there was a very confusing and rather frustrating situation that had happened earlier. I'm not sure if it was a communication disconnect, misunderstanding, or something else, but it sort of just blew me to hit my limit. I'll be honest and say I became angry and some of my thoughts and words were not the most pleasant. That sometimes happens when I get mad. I'm rather ashamed of it now, though, since I have calmed down.
Here's my point: we all make mistakes. All of us. I have been on my faith journey for at least 3 or so years now. I probably still mess up almost as much as I did before I started. That's just the truth. However, that's the same for any Christian. No Christian has reached a point where they do not sin. Not one. Why? Re-read verses 8-9. Our salvation is not because of us, but because of God. If we had to earn it on our own, we'd be back to square one where Adam and Eve had eaten the apple but Christ had not died for their sin - or, basically, we'd all still be hopelessly condemned to an eternity away from God. So yes, we mess up as Christians sometimes. That's just the blunt and honest truth, no way about it. But we can still be saved by grace. We can all still be saved by grace. Because God looks at us and sees a beloved child of His, not a tally mark of counted sins. Accept that grace. Otherwise, you condemn yourself countless times a day.

God bless! Shalom!

No comments:

Post a Comment