Sunday, June 2, 2013

June 2nd

June 2nd -- Daniel 6 (http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Daniel%206&version=NLT)

Go read, please.

Daniel gets thrown in the lions' den basically because someone was manipulated and he was gossiped about so fault could be found with him. I think sometimes we often find ourselves in our own "lions' dens". Maybe it's not so much even that we have been falsely accused and wronged - or maybe it is, of course - but it could also be that we are doing right by God and end up, somehow, in a bad place. Sometimes when we are serving God we still manage to end up in situations we would rather not be in. For example, I serve where I can in my school, church, and community. This means, however, that I become exceptionally busy. I often have little to no time for family much less time for me to just be on my own (we all need tie to our selves). But, like Daniel was out after a night, I was out after a bit. This weekend I had a chance to play some Minecraft with my fam, and I also got to spend some time on my own just to myself. This was mostly just because a meeting I had for church ended up being one I didn't have to go to. So, I got that extra time.
My point is, I think we often wonder why we reach rough places even when we are doing right/not doing wrong. Sometimes, it's just because others are out to get us. In Daniel's case, it's the men who want his position. In our case, though, it's the devil. He is relentless, like those men, and will do all he can to make us suffer. He hates us, and he will never stop hating us. So when you feel like you're in a metaphorical lions' den, be brave and remember God will send angels to shut the lions' jaws - you did nothing to deserve it and will be brought out safely!

God bless! Shalom!

No comments:

Post a Comment