Saturday, June 8, 2013

June 7th

June 7th -- Luke 1:26-56 (http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Luke%201:26-56&version=NLT)

Read, please.
Okay, so, I'm a teenage girl. Not married, obviously, and I don't even have a boyfriend. I think if I vanished somewhere for like 3 months and came back pregnant, I'd be in a heck of a lot of trouble. If someone told me that was gonna' happen I'd probably be like "haha no I am NOT dealing with that." Basically put, it's not a pleasant situation for a teen girl. Now this is even so in modern days, where it's becoming, sadly, more and more common. In Mary's time, if you were pregnant and unmarried, you were stoned publicly. Yet still, when she hears from an angel she is to have the son of God, while she's currently engaged to someone, she accepts it. Not only does she accept it, but she rejoices. It seems a little like maybe she went off the deep end, right? Wrong. She was fine. In fact, she should have been rejoicing. Even Elizabeth can see how blessed Mary is that she was whom God chose to bear His son. She also knew yes, it would cause her trouble, but if God wanted her to have this child, and this child were to make a difference, then obviously He was going to ensure this happened. She knew she was in no danger because it was a promise from God, really. We have so many promises from God - one of these being a hope and a future. Yet, we so often doubt. We don't even have lives put at risk by this, but we still can't seem to hold onto it in faith. We need to. God doesn't break promises. If a young unmarried girl could make it through all that in her times just by holding on to God, we can make it through whatever we may be going through, too, just by holding on to God.

Well, that's all! God bless! Shalom!

P.S. Yes, this is a day late. I wish I had a valid-sounding reason, but not majorly. I was playing an MMORPG for a long time last night with some friends and lost track of time talking with them. So the post is here today.

No comments:

Post a Comment