Friday, August 16, 2013

August 15th

August 15th -- Luke 15:11-32

Please go read the passage!

Sorry, but as much as I love this parable, I don't have anything to add really to my thoughts on those of yesterday's. God does indeed rejoice over those of us who are with Him, and have stayed with Him. However, His joy for those who have left and come back, or merely come to find Him, is so much greater. He recognizes that there is value in those who are here, but there is value in those that have been lost for a time but are now back, meaning they are no longer lost value. I mean, let's say you won $5000 off a scratch ticket. Then you lost $1000. You'd still be happy about the $4000 you still had, as it was more than the $1000 you lost. Yet, you'd still be upset by the lost $1000. If you found the missing $1000, you would celebrate for finding it. However, you would never celebrate after losing it for still having the $4000. I hope that represents the idea in a more understandable way...

Either way that's all I've got for tonight. So God bless! Shalom!

No comments:

Post a Comment