Wednesday, August 7, 2013

August 2nd

August 2nd -- Luke 11:1-13 (http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Luke%2011:1-13&version=NLT)

Please go and read the passage!

I think the main point about this passage about prayer is persistence. I think so often we treat God as a genie. If our wish isn't immediately granted, we no longer need Him because we stop asking. That's often a common mindset, but it's a very wrong and dangerous mindset to have. God wants us to pursue a persistent prayer life. It's hard. I know. I'll  be honest and admit my prayer life is one of the things I've been trying to work on, because it's not really the best. But we are told to ask, seek, and knock persistently to receive, find, and have the doors opened to us. When we pray, we need to do it persistently. Don't give up if you don't see immediate answers. Remember that God's got His timeline, that's what everything follows in the end, and His timeline is perfect. All things happen at the right time for the right reason in His plan, so keep praying as you wait on that time.

That's all! God bless! Shalom!

P.S. Late because of the camping trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment