Thursday, August 22, 2013

August 22nd

August 22nd -- John 18:1-14

Please read the passage!

I don't have much to say on this passage. Just a few small points. One is that I love how Jesus continues to fulfill prophecies. Even as he knew he was going to die, he did not want to bring any of his disciples with him, but instead chose to die alone. He really did not want any of us to come to harm. Now, I wanted to point out Caiaphas' words. "It's better that one man should die for the people." I may be wrong, but I think that shows that some of the religious leaders did honestly think they were doing the right thing - they felt this was best for those they were meant to lead. Sometimes, people can do wrong things with a right heart. Just try and always see the heart intent behind people's actions, instead of merely judging based on what appears to be clear.

Think on it! God bless! Shalom!

No comments:

Post a Comment