Friday, August 9, 2013

August 6th

August 6th -- Luke 12:22-48 (http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Luke%2012:22-48&version=NLT)

Read the passage, please!

I am a person who loves passages about worry. I am a very logical, analytical person, and I know that. I also know that means I like thinking things through and therefore overthink stuff a lot. When I do this, I end up worrying, often. Really, though, we don't need to worry. God takes care of the little things we take for granted, like lillies. So how much better of care does He take of us, then? Much better. He is always watching over us. We need to seek His Kingdom, and He will provide for us. It is not our job to be concerned with being cared for - that is God's. Our job is to wholeheartedly follow after, love, and serve Him. He will provide so that we can do that, when we are really, truly trying to do that.

In regards to the part of Jesus coming back, just be ready. God alone knows when - not even Jesus knows. So always be ready. Don't let yourself be caught off guard. Try your best to always be living so that Jesus will not return to catch you guiltily consumed in a sin, but instead be able to find you and say "Well done, good and faithful servant." For your own sake, just please always be prepared for Jesus' return at any moment.

That's all! God bless! Shalom!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment