Saturday, July 13, 2013

July 13th

July 13th – Matthew 9:27-38 (http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Matthew%209:27-38&version=NLT)


Please go read the passage!


Just saying the first section shows repeats of some other times. Jesus heals people, telling them to keep it a secret, and then becomes famous because they told everyone anyways. Also, the Pharisees accusing him of being able to cast out demons because they said he gets his power from Satan. I mean, it’s sort of… sickening that we treated him like that even when he was obviously helping us. He came to die for us, and all we could do was disobey and accuse him. He loved us anyways. It’s just that, well, how we react to it (we all sin daily) really does upset me. I think it should. If it’s not upsetting that we disrespect God so much, then we clearly don’t get it at all because we obviously don’t understand how much we need Him.


For some reason, when I read the part about workers, I thought of Christians in general. We are all workers for God. The harvest, like in some earlier parables, is Judgement day, making the workers the Christians, who are trying to get as much good wheat (again, believers) as we can. It’s like Jesus is telling his disciples to pray for all of us who are trying to bring people into relationship with God – who are trying to grow His Kingdom. I guess part of why I think of it like this is because he says it after he makes a metaphorical comparison to the people being like sheep without a shepherd. We are all “sheep” and God is our “shepherd”. This comparison is made many times in the Bible. So I could be way off on what Jesus is talking about, but it made me think of that.


Well, that will be all for tonight! God bless! Shalom!

No comments:

Post a Comment