Wednesday, July 10, 2013

July 8th


July 8th – Matthew 12:22-50 (http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Matthew%2012:22-50&version=NLT)

 

Please go read!!!!

 

So, just saying, I love the logic Jesus argues with against the Pharisees’ claim that his power is from Satan. He makes a very valid point. Houses can’t war against themselves or they won’t get anywhere. They’ll tear each other apart.

 

Now, at the end of that chunk of the section, Jesus talks about accounting for our idle words, and how our words will condemn or acquit us. This is after talking about how blaspheming the Holy Spirit cannot be forgiven. It really makes you nervous, doesn’t it? What if we idly did just that? Or, even, what sort of things come out of our mouths when we’re not being careful? Would they be something you’d be comfortable saying in front of God? I’m sure we all have things we’d rather not. I try my best to keep that list as short as possible. It really makes you want to be more conscious of your words, though – all your speech.

Also, I just think the fact that Jesus’ 3 days was sort of foreshadowed by Jonah is awesome. It’s all set up so neatly and it’s so cool. We can see how God was planning it right from the start.

 

That shall be all! God bless! Shalom!

P.S. Yes, this is late. It just is this time. I had a rough night two nights ago so I did it yesterday but my internet wouldn’t let me post it until today.

No comments:

Post a Comment