Monday, July 29, 2013

July 29th

July 29th -- John 8:1-20 (http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=John%208:1-20&version=NLT)

Please go and read the passage!

I really love how Jesus handles the situation with the adulteress. It makes one really think. All these people are accusing her for her sin, trying to stone her for it. Jesus, though, says anyone who's sin-free can throw the stone. I like how instead of letting the others persecute her for her sin, he instead points out all of theirs, too. We're all sinners. We have no right to judge. The only one who can say anything is Jesus/God, because they are sin-free. So what if it's adultery or lying? IT'S STILL SIN. We're all sinners and that's that. The next time you decide it's suddenly in your hands to punish someone else for their sin, stop and just remember it's not - God will bring it all up on judgement day, and we know we will be judged as we judge others, so I try my hardest not to judge.

I'm not gonna' touch on the other point, because I can't find anything to say on it...

So God bless! Shalom!

No comments:

Post a Comment