Friday, July 19, 2013

July 19th

July 19th -- John 6:41-71 (http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=John%206:41-71&version=NLT)

Read the passage, please!

I'm really not sure what to say on this passage, sorry....
I mean, again, it makes me want to know more about predestination, free will, predetermination, etc. Again, the passage sounds almost like predestination because Jesus again speaks on how only those the Father had given him shall come to him, but I still stand by what I said yesterday that suggests it doesn't have to mean predetermination because of that.
I do, however, find Jesus' metaphor and lack of explanation of it to the people interesting. Jesus, clearly, by what he says knows only some will believe and enter Heaven, those being the ones the Father has given him. He speaks in such an odd comparison, talking about people drinking his blood and eating his flesh that people become confused and have no idea what he is talking about. Some people, however, as evidenced by the twelve disciples that stay with him, understand. It makes me wonder if Jesus spoke that way on purpose, so only those who God meant for them to understand would be able to. It's an interesting thought, anyways.

Sorry I don't have further thoughts! God bless! Shalom!

No comments:

Post a Comment