Tuesday, July 30, 2013

July 30th

July 30th -- John 8:21-59

Please go read the passage! I'm not posting links because it appears that Biblegateway is gone... or I hope just missing temporarily. Anyways, you'll have to pull out a real paper Bible - and if you don't have one of those, go Google the passage I guess....

I find it really interesting about how Jesus distinguishes between God's true children and, well, not God's true children. He essentially says it's based on how well they follow God. He basically states that we are like children who mimic our father. When we are not following after God, we are children of Satan, for we mimic him through our sin. When we are trying our best, though, to follow after God and mimic Jesus, then we're true children of God. If you call Him your God you need to realize He is your father, and you're supposed to follow in His footsteps. Personally, I wanna' be known as a true child of God. I wanna' be set free as a slave from sin to become a daughter in the family of Christ - I want that eternity because I tried my hardest to obey God's teachings.
Basically this passage holds something different for everyone, but that was just what I got out of it.

That's all! God bless! Shalom!

No comments:

Post a Comment