Monday, January 14, 2013

January 14th

January 14th -- Genesis 24:1-27 (http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Genesis%2024:1-27&version=NLT)

This is the story of Isaac and Rebekah. :)

I find this story really neat. I like how God answered the prayers of the servant so very clearly, to show that Rebekah was the one for Isaac. I just think it's really kind of neat how the servant asked for clear signs one way or another, and God gave him the clear sign. I think sometimes we forget that we can ask God for signs - we don't always need to be someon He has called out for a large task or some famous person or religoius leader, because we ourselves as his followers can ask Him for a sign. This doesn't mean He will always answer it, or answer how we want, but we can at least ask, and sometimes He will answer (it's happened to me before, so...)

Also, I kind of wanted to know, always, why that sign of them all? Well, I have a little note in the bottom of my study Bible that Eliezer (the servant) was asking God for that sign because he wanted to see which woman had a servant's heart. Apparently women had to offer water to the traveller, but not the traveller's animals, yet Rebekah did. This servant wanted to ensure that the woman was beautiful not only in appearance but in character, too. Eziel was trying to find not any woman, but a Proverbs 31 woman (http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Proverbs%2031:10-31&version=NLT).

Well, that's all I can think of - my brain's been exhausted all day on school assignments and such.
God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment