Sunday, January 6, 2013

January 6th

January 6th -- Genesis 8:1-22 (http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Genesis%208:1-22&version=NLT)

More about the flood today, but this time how it ends.

Just the first part of this section stands out to me - "But God remembered Noah and all the wild animals and livetock with him in the boat". For some reason, thta part just makes me happy - to know that the God of EVERYTHING remembers people, still.

Also, I think I've just given up on counting how long they were on that ship for  - basically, just WAY TOO LONG.

The first thing Noah does upon getting off that boat, is build an altar to God and do the proper sacrifices. THAT TAKES DEDICATION. He doesn't whine or complain "God why did that take so long?" but sacrificed. It's also quite good he did as I never noticed before, but it seems that the sacrifice pleased God which is way He promised never to repeat the flood again.

Uhm, sorry, but again nothing more I can really think to write about on here. I'm rather scatterbrained today, sorry. XD

God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment