Tuesday, January 29, 2013

January 28th

January 28th -- Genesis 44 (http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Genesis%2044&version=NLT)

Joseph's Silver Cup

So Joseph becomes even more of... well, a trickster now. He basically legitimately sets up his brother to make it look like Benjamin, his only full-brother of the group, stole his silver cup...

So basically they ALL go back and Judah tries to explain their story, and offers himself up instead of Benjamin.

Now, I HONESTLY do NOT understand this. I don't see why Joseph did this... I mean, it makes no sense at all. You'd think he'd want his youngest brother to go back to his father, who obviously favored him... it makes no sense to me....

That's all. I really don't know what else to say on the matter other than that it majorly confuses me as I see no rhyme nor reason to it...

God bless!

P.S. I know this post was a day late - I was at a friend's 18th birthday party and wasn't home until quite late and had an exam early the next day so I just crashed when I got home.

No comments:

Post a Comment