Tuesday, January 15, 2013

January 15th

January 15th -- Genesis 24:28-67 (http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Genesis%2024:28-67&version=NLT)

More about Rebekah and Isaac. :)

So Rebekah goes and finds her brother, who sees the jewellery and knows something's up, so he invites Elezier to stay. Can I just say I find it rather humorous that basically the first thing he says about Isaac is that he's rich because he got everything his dad had, and his dad was rich? I mean, I know he had to convince the girl to marry Isaac, but still. Also, I find it kind of odd how Rebekah just agrees to marry Isaac who she's never met before and then goes.... mind you, if someone came saying they were sent by God to bring me to the man I'm supposed to marry, I might very well do the same thing Rebekah did. Haha!

When they get back, and Rebekah and Elezier see Isaac, Rebekah gets off the camel and covers her face with a veil. I never understood that, but apparently they are customs. Dismounting from the camel showed respect and the viel was because she was a bride, basically.

And well, "Isaac brought Rebekah into his mother Sarah's tent, and she became his wife..."  That's about how it ends. I'm really not gonna' touch on that point - that's just my way of saying that's the end of the section and all I can really think to say on it.

God bless!

Also, I may have posted this before, but you don't need a Tumblr account to submit me a message (it will simply come up as anonymous) on Tumblr, so feel free to send me prayer requests and such! ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment