Monday, January 21, 2013

January 21st

January 21st -- Genesis 37 (http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Genesis%2037&version=NLT)

Joseph!

So, I think we all basically know the story of Joseph. He was one of Jacob's sons, and rather Jacob's favorite son. His brothers despised him for that. Jacob was also overconfident in his knowledge he was clearly the favorite. He didn't exactly lie-low about it, but rather flaunted it in his brother's faces, particularily when it came to the dreams. So, when Jacob was sent to check on them, they of course saw the opportunity there.

I find it interesting that Reuben stopped them. I wonder why he did not just agre with the others? To me it almost seems like God knew he needed one to stand against so that the whole story fell into place for Joseph, and God happened to pick Reuben for whatever reasons He did.

Now, I find it interesting, slightly, that when the cloak comes home with a note, Jacob suspects nothing. He did know of his other sons' dislike of Jacob's dreams, yet he did not suspect that they had perhaps done something.

I am also curious about what happens to Reuben, because he, as it says, laments to his brothers over Joseph being gone. I am almost surprised they didn't sell him off, too, or leave him in the cistern for having planned to free Joseph.
Just a thought....
Anyways, that is all for today/tonight!
God bless you all!
P.S. Don't forget if you need prayer for any reason, I am always here to listen! Just message me at http://emdaisy1.tumblr.com/ask   then if you want to see my answer, check my blog the next day (http://emdaisy1.tumblr.com) and somewhere down it there should be my answer to your anonymous message.

No comments:

Post a Comment